If you have not read the essay yet, it is posted on the next page.
Thank you for all the responses. For the women who’ve related to or commiserated with my experiences, thank you truly. A sincere thank you also to all the men who’ve taken the time to read and weigh in on this—the discussion can’t move forward without you. Your comments are appreciated.
I’ve read through the comments from those redirected from Andrew Sullivan and Reddit and realize that there are some disagreements with what I’ve said. That’s great—it keeps the discussion going. I’m responding to some common arguments below:
- You’re a coward for not standing up for yourself
- You wouldn’t have minded if the street harassers were more attractive
- You should take it as a compliment
- I’ve never seen street harassment, so you must be exaggerating
- Street harassment is free speech
15 notes ()